Mutton Liver Fry is a healthy option as far as Ramzan recipes are concerned. Liver recipes are usually healthy and this one is tasty as well. This is the crowning glory of Indian mutton recipes. During the holy month of fasting it is important to choose healthy options for food. Firstly because you are not eating the whole day and secondly, if you eat oily food with little nutritional value it will only pile on fats on your body. Mutton Liver fry is one such recipes that will take care of your nutritional needs.
The problem with liver recipes are that people don’t know the right way to cook them. Many people complain that livers have a bitter taste. All you have to is soak the liver pieces in milk to enjoy their nutritional benefits along side their delicious taste. For this Ramzan, recipe ingredients are not a problem nor is the time required to prepare it (which is about half an hour).
Ingredients For Mutton Liver Fry:
1. Mutton liver 300 grams (medium sized pieces)
2. Milk 1 mug
3. Potatoes 2 (cut into small pieces)
4. Onions 2 (chopped finely)
5. Garlic 6 cloves (chopped finely)
6. Ginger (1 inch pieces) 8
7. Tomato 1 (chopped finely)
8. Green chillies 4 (chopped finely)
9. Red chilli powder 1 tablespoon
10. Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
11. Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
12. Bay leaf 1
13. Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
14. Garam Masala (peppercorns, cinnamon sticks, cardamom, star anise and cloves) 1 tablespoon
15. Coriander leaves (chopped)
16. Oil 2 tablespoon
17. Salt as per taste
Procedure For Mutton Liver Fry:
- Soak the pieces of liver in milk for an hour to remove the bitter under taste.
- Take a shallow pan and heat oil in it. Add the garam masala ingredients, bay leaf and cumin seed to it.
- Saute onions until they are golden and add the liver pieces. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger and garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, green chillies and salt. Cook it nicely till the gravy starts forming that will be another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add red chili, cumin and coriander powder to the livers and stir.
- After cooking for 3-4vminutes add 2-3 table spoons of water and cover the pan.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes until the water boils the livers and dries out.
Your Mutton liver fry can be garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves. Savour it with rice and dal or with hot rotis.