Sponge Cake Recipe – Egg less Pressure Cooker
Sponge Cake Recipe – Egg less Pressure Cooker This cheat recipe makes it easier and fuss-free to make the classic vanilla cake without any compromise in its flavour. Top it with some buttercream frosting for a sinful treat.This Vanilla Sponge Cake is very close to my heart. This is my mums favorite cake. She calls it tea cake. She would have a piece of this cake with coffee in the evening. This cake is the lightest, fluffiest and tastiest simple plain vanilla sponge cake ever. It is called as the hot milk cake. This old-fashioned cake has been around for a very long time. It’s a very delicate and moist cake.
“If you look over the years, the styles have changed – the clothes, the hair, the production, the approach to the songs. The icing to the cake has changed flavors. But if you really look at the cake itself, it’s really the same.”
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup dahi or yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2×6 inch round or square cake tins
How to Make Eggless Vanilla Cake in a Pressure Cooker
- Line the base of the tins with butter paper or grease the bases and dust either with maida or sugar until well coated.
- In a mixing bowl, sift the flour and baking powder.
- Add salt, sugar, butter, water and vanilla, and beat the mixture using a wooden spoon or a beater till well blended.
- Add the dahi to the batter and beat until smooth. The batter looks almost glossy when done. Transfer the batter into the two tins.
- Heat the pressure cooker (empty), covered with the lid but without the pressure, for 3-4 minutes on high heat, then place one cake tin in it.
- Close the lid without the pressure, lower the flame and let it cook until done (about 30 minutes).
- Repeat with the other tin. Serve.