Take 1 kilogram mutton
Take 1 kilogram basmati rice
Take 1 cup plain Yogurt
Take 1 table spoon chili powder
Two table spoon coriander powder
½ table spoon Garlic and zinger paste
1 table spoon mixed spices
Take salt of your taste
¼ kilogram of dried apricots which are soaked in hot water
A bunch of chopped fresh mint leaves
6 pieces of green chilies and also take lemon juice from 04 lemons
01 bay leaf, 04 medium chopped onions
Take ½ kilograms of Potatoes and 04 Tomatoes
¼ table spoon yellow food color which is soaked in ½ cup milk
And 1 ½ cup oil
Recipe to make:-
1. Take a pan and heat oil in a pan, then fry onion until golden brown. Remove half of the onions and place them on absorbent paper. In the remaining onions which were left in the pan, add meat and all the spices. After that add plain yogurt in the pan. Mix it and cook on low heat until water evaporates and check meat is tender or not because meat should be tender.
2. After that add potatoes, tomatoes, pulp of dry apricots, and green chillies in it. After that cook it for 5 minutes more on high heat. Remember when cooking for 5 minutes stir it continuously. After 5 minutes when done set aside.
3. Take a large pot add 12 normal cups of water with salt of your taste. Then add 3 green chillies, whole spices (which you kept separated before) and mint leaves in it. When water starts boiling add rice in it.
4. Remember when water half boils then put layers of rice and meat one by one so that last layer of rice should be on the top. After that add food colors and sprinkle mint leaves.
5. Place pot on a flat pan or on tava and cook on high heat. When you see steam appears then lower the heat and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more after that serve it.