Sheer Khurma Recipes 2011
* 200 grams dry vermicelli
* 1 1/4 cups ghee
* 100 grams dried dates, soaked overnight, pitted and chopped thin
* 100 grams almonds, blanched and slivered
* 100 grams white raisins
* 100 grams halved cashew nuts
* 12 cups milk
* 2 cups cream
* 4 cups water
* 3 cups sugar
* 2 tablespoons cardamom powder
1. Pour the ghee in a large pot over a low flame.
2. Fry the cashew nuts in the ghee until browned.
3. Turn off the flame and add the raisins.
4. When the raisins swell up, take both them and the cashews out of the ghee with a spoon and set aside.
5. Switch the low flame back on and heat the ghee.
6. Fry the vermicelli in the same ghee, stirring so it turns golden-brown. Watch it carefully so it does not burn.
7. Pour in the milk and water.
8. Add the cashews and raisins back into the mixture.
9. Add the sliced dates and almonds.
10. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the vermicelli starts to get flexible; then add sugar.
11. Keep on the low flame for another 2 minutes, then add cream and cardamom powder.
12. Heat just a little longer and mix well.
13. Serve hot.