Restaurant Style Half Moon Recipe | Ramadan Recipes
Restaurant Style Half Moon Recipe | Ramadan Recipes THE RAMADAN PREP RECIPE SPECIAL HAS BEGAN! So in my family we never make moons, for some reason they always flop. But, this time around we thought we’d give it a shot, it has been years since my mum tried them out so why not. Size depends on you, we like the small moons because they look adorable, and we fried some the same night to see if it would flop or not and Alhamdulilah (Thank you Allah) it did not.
Anyway I will be sharing the dough recipe, and the meat marinade and also step by step pictures to help you see what to do! “This yummy homemade stuffed pasta can be served a la carte or with a sauce. It makes an excellent meal or side dish.”
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken
- breast half 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Lightly grease a large skillet and cook chicken until no longer pink; remove and reserve.
- In a food processor, add onion to puree, then add cheese to puree. Add chicken and puree a final time.
- In a large bowl, add flour and make a well in the center. Add eggs and mix well; add water and adjust with flour and water as needed. Dough should be elastic, but not sticky.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg and add one tablespoon of water. On a floured surface, roll out dough until it is 1/4 inch thick or almost paper thin. Cut out 2 inch circles and brush with egg and water mixture. Place 1 teaspoon of stuffing in the middle of the circle and fold over. Seal the half moon by crimping the edge.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add half moons and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until al dente; drain and serve.