How to Make Restaurant Style Chicken Karahi Recipe
How to Make Restaurant Style Chicken Karahi Recipe Chicken karahi’s are very popular in Pakistan and don’t take long to make. Chicken Karahi is a blend of spices and chicken,cooked with onion and tomatoes. If you have to fix a quick simple lunch in 30 minutes then make sure you treat yourself with this delicious Lahori chicken karahi recipe, and leave your review below.
- 1 kg chicken, cut into small pieces
- 4 tbsp clarified butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup natural yogurt
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 black pepper, freshly ground
- Half tsp cumin powder
- Coriander powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- salt according to taste
- 2 tbsp sliced ginger
- 4 green chilies, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- few lemon wedges
How to Make
- Heat oil in a deep pan or Karahi. Add clarified butter and ginger garlic paste.
- Stir fry for 2 minute then put chicken in it. Cook and keep stirring for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink .
- Add all spices, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin and salt. Cook
- Cover with the lid and cook 10 minutes on medium heat. While cooking make sure that it does not stick to the pan or Karahi.
- Now add chopped tomatoes, black pepper and yogurt in it. Cook on high flame for 5-8 minutes or until all water dries up. Keep stirring.
- Once the oil separates from gravy turn the stove off. Sprinkle Garam masala over it.
- Garnish withe ginger, green chilies and fresh coriander leaves. Lahori Chicken Karahi is ready to serve.