Ramadan Special – Yummy Chicken Samosas Recipe
Ramadan Special – Yummy Chicken Samosas Recipe Pockets of dough stuffed with a potato and pea mixture, deep fried. An all time favorite tea time snack!
- Leftover Chana Dal Chicken
- One small potato – boiled and mashed
- One small onion – finely chopped
- One green chili – finely chopped
- 4-5 strings of coriander – finely chopped
- One tblsp of lemon juice
- 4-5 tblsp oil for shallow frying
- Mix together all ingredients except oil.
- Make a dough like mixture and form small patties/tikkis from it.
- Heat frying pan and add in 1 tblsp of oil.
- Shallow fry tikkis, adding oil as necessary.
- Serve hot with ketchup.Ingredients
- 500 gm Chicken
How to Make Chicken Samosa
- Cook the Chicken until soft, peel and mash.
- Chop the green chillies, garlic, ginger and the coriander leaves.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dough except water and rub thoroughly. Sprinkle water and make a hard dough. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into round portions as per the size of the samosas required.
- Heat the ghee and add cumin, when crackling add garlic and saute.
- Add the rest of the ingredients excluding the final four and sauté for 5 minutes. Mix in the rest of the ingredients, including the potatoes and mix well.
- Roll each portion of dough into a thin oval shape cut into 2 semi-circles. Take a semi-circle. Apply water on the straight edge of the semi-circle. Hold the semi-circle in your hand, fold the straight edge, bringing together the watered edges, seal the watered edges into a triangular pocket.
- Stuff the potato mixture and then seal the upper edges. Repeat with the rest.
- Deep fry in oil till golden brown and serve with a mint or a tamarind chutney.