RAMADAN SPECIAL – DELICIOUS HEALTHY FRUIT PARFAIT RECIPE
RAMADAN SPECIAL – DELICIOUS HEALTHY FRUIT PARFAIT RECIPE Delicous, fast and healthy breakfast. You may use any fruits that you have. I have used banana, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries and they all taste delicous!
- 1/2 cup mixed berry yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 cup sliced ripe banana
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4 whole strawberries
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and whipped topping; set aside 4 teaspoons for topping. Spoon half of the remaining yogurt mixture into four parfait glasses; layer with half of the banana, sliced strawberries, pineapple and blueberries. Repeat layers.
- Top each parfait with reserved yogurt mixture and a whole strawberry. Chill until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
I made this as a single serving dessert last night, and I was asked to make it again for breakfast this morning. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will become a new staple in my house. I used nonfat plain yogurt, strawberries and bananas. I didn’t have any granola on hand, so I used GoLean Crunch cereal instead. I canâ€™t wait to start experimenting with different fruits and â€œcrunchâ€?. I think Iâ€™ll sneak in some wheat germ, flax seeds and ground walnuts whenever possible to increase the nutritional value. Thanks for a great recipe!