- Purple cabbage – 1 1/2 cups (finely chopped)
- Cooked rice – 2 cup
- Garlic – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies – 4 (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1/2 medium size(chopped)
- Fried cashew (optional)- 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in the pan & fry garlic & chillies.
- Add onion to it & fry well.
- Now add the chopped cabbage & continue frying. Do not cover.
- Fry till the cabbage is done.
- Now add the rice & mix well.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves & the cashews.
- Serve hot.
Tips for the recipe – Make sure to cool the plain rice completely before adding it to the cabbage.It is not necessary to cook the cabbage completely. You can add the rice when it is 3/4th done. I like my cabbage little crunchy. you can cook it according to your taste.