– 1 cup granulated sugar (brown sugar works too, but it won’t look red and “peppermint-ish”)
– 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin is best
– few drops peppermint essential oil (This is the BEST Cooling Peppermint Essential Oil)
– a drop or two of red food coloring
Foot Scrub Remedy Instructions:
While this scrub can be used anywhere on your body, it is absolutely amazing for your feet. After a long day on your feet or just for a quick pick me up, this scrub is perfect. The peppermint essential oil leaves your feet feeling refreshed and the texture from the sugar and oil are the perfect solution for removing callouses and dry skin… after this foot scrub, your feet will be super soft!
1. Mix together the granulated sugar and the olive oil. I always add the olive oil to the sugar and adjust the amount of olive oil depending on the consistency I am going for.
2. Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil and a drop or two of red food coloring if you want it to be more peppermint in color.
3. Make sure you mix it well so the peppermint essential oil gets evenly distributed.
4. Put the mixture in a cute glass jar or other container for storage.
Pantry Spa Tip: Use a moisturizer right after this foot scrub to really lock in the moisture. I love to do this foot scrub treatment at the end of the day, then put lots of lotion on my feet, slip on some socks, and sleep that way over night. My feet end up SO soft!!!