1) 6 tblsp of olive oil
2) 1 medium onion, chopped
3) 1/3 of a pound prosciutto, chopped
4) 1 35 oz can of imported Italian tomatoes
5) 2 basil leaves, chopped
6) 1 pound of penne pasta
7) salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and prosciutto, cook until onion is translucent and prosciuto is brown.
3. Crush tomatoes and add with juices to onion and prosciutto mixture.
4. Add basil, salt & pepper to taste and a little water.
5. Cook 15 to 20 minutes, until sauce thickens.
6. While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
7. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the penne.
8. Cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
9. Drain pasta, put back in pot add some of the sauce to the pot and mix it up.
10.Dish out pasta spooning remaining sauce over top.