The variety of different beauty looks seen on the catwalk each season never fail to impress, but a few key trends always shine through. Here’s your essential guide for the upcoming season. Let’s find out about the latest makeup and beauty trends winter 2013-2014.
The Best Makeup Trends for Winter 2013-14
- Bold Brows: This trend isn’t going anywhere: so if you haven’t started growing out your brows, now is the time. Big doesn’t have to mean bushy – keep your brows well-groomed with a brow-set gel and comb.
- Thin Black Eyeliner: We saw ladylike beauty in the form of thin, black, sometimes barely-there liner at shows including Proenza Schouler, Victoria Beckham and Alexander Wang.
- Purple and red metallic shadow at Jason Wu and Gucci, black at Marc Jacobs and Roberto Cavalli and gleaming gunmetal at Donna Karan – heavily made-up, dark eyes are the way to make your mark for autumn/winter 2013-14.
- Wine-stained lips are on-trend for autumn and winter. A matte, powdered finish is the fashion pack’s choice, so apply your stain and then blot away any excess shine.
- Once you’ve found your favorite blush color, you’ve got this look sorted. Try Bobbi Brown’s latest coral shade - the creamy texture makes them budge-proof – even on a wet Autumn day.
- Vampy lips, Wine-stained lips, Pink lips, Plum lips and dark berry tones. Rose is a soft pink that adds gentleness to your face. Rose is great to wear in the fall as a lipstick because it softens up the face and creates a nice feminine glow for a youthful touch.
- Ultra-long lashes on the upper-lids look great with matte skin and nude lips.
Use oil-free moisturizer every day. Your skin will stay beautiful and you don’t get overly dry. Use a lip balm to your lips!When you are putting on your foundation in winter, make sure that the foundation is light but it covers everything.