How to Make Vegetables Spring Rolls with Homemade Sheets
How to Make Vegetables Spring Rolls with Homemade Sheets. Suitable for vegetarians, these easy vegetable spring rolls are ready in just 45 minutes
- 100g packet vermicelli noodles1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil3 green onions, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely grated1 1/2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Chinese cabbage227g can water chestnuts, drained, roughly chopped
- 227g can water chestnuts, drained, roughly chopped1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper2 teaspoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons cornflour20 frozen spring roll wrappers (21.5cm square), thawed
- 20 frozen spring roll wrappers (21.5cm square), thawed vegetable oil, for frying
- vegetable oil, for frying sweet
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 150°C. Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until soft. Drain. Using scissors, cut noodles into 3cm lengths.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, and cabbage. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Add noodles, water chestnuts, soy, and pepper. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside to cool. Wipe wok clean.
- Step 3Combine cornflour with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. Place 1 wrapper on a board with a corner pointing towards you. Brush edges with cornflour mixture (keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp tea towel). Spoon 1 tablespoon vegetable mixture into the corner of wrapper. Fold corner over filling then roll up from corner to corner, folding edges in to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cornflour mixture and filling.
- Step 4Pour vegetable oil into wok until one-third full. Heat until a small piece of bread dropped into oil sizzles. Cook spring rolls, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden. Remove to a wire rack over a baking tray. Keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining spring rolls. Allow oil to reheat after cooking each batch. Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.