How to Make Delicious Mawa Gulab Jamun Recipe at Home
How to Make Delicious Mawa Gulab Jamun Recipe at Home Gulab Jamun is a traditional Indian dessert and probably needs no introduction if you are from India. It has been and will remain the most favored item on the Indian dessert menu with craving for sweets doubling up as soon as they recall the ones made in desi Ghee at old Delhi’s Chandni Chowk market.
Mawa Gulab Jamun
Today, We are trying to re-create the same magical, ultra soft and mouth watering fried sweet balls from scratch in our kitchen. We have tried it multiple times in our kitchen before reaching out at the same taste and texture that we had tasted in restaurant and Haldiram’s.
Gulab Jamun recipe with Milk powder is a separate recipe and we would be sharing it soon.
How to Make
- Ingredients for Gulab Jamun should be ready now.
- Start with grating the Khoya also called Mawa into fine, small pieces. If your Mawa is already grated, you can skip this step.After grating, Khoya’s volume increases as compared to its solid state. The weight would remain same i.e. 80 Gms
- Now add All-purpose-flour Maida, Baking powder, 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder in Khoya. Mix well.
- Now, add small amount of water and start kneading to make a soft dough Refer the video for help.
- Add more water only if you feel that you need to make the dough and that too in very small quantity.
- We can make approximately 7-8 Gulab Jamun of standard size with this quantity of mixture
- You should knead it for about 4-5 minutes. We have used less than 1/4 cup of water in total.
- The dough is ready. It is neither too soft nor too hard/thick. It is of medium frequency.
- Take small portion out of dough and roll it into ball shape. Roll it with your both hands and the Gulab Jamun ball would be ready.