How to Make Crispy Honey Chili Chicken Recipe at Home
How to Make Crispy Honey Chili Chicken Recipe at Home Sweet and sticky honey, chilli and ginger chicken for special occasions or a quick supper. Try it once and you’ll be guaranteed to add this to your favorites.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- plain (allpurpose) flour, for coating
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 5 cm (2 inch) piece fresh ginger, thinly shredded
- 4 spring onions (scallions), thinly shredded
- 2 small zucchini (courgettes), thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, thinly shredded
- 3 spring onions (scallions), extra, sliced on the diagonal
1. Cut each chicken breast into four pieces. Fill a large wok one third full of oil and heat to 180°C (350°F), or until a cube of bread dropped in the oil browns in 15 seconds. Coat the chicken pieces lightly with seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Add a few pieces of chicken at a time to the wok and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown. Drain on crumpled paper towels.
2. Mix together the honey, chilli sauce, lemon juice and soy sauce.
3. Remove all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the wok and heat. Stir-Fry the ginger, spring onion, zucchini and carrot for 1 minute. Add the honey and chilli mixture, bring to the boil and cook until a little syrupy.
4. Return the chicken pieces to the wok and toss in the sauce and vegetables for 1–2 minutes, or until heated through. Serve on a bed of noodles or rice, garnished with the extra spring onion.