How to Make Crispy Chinese Pakora Recipe at Home
How to Make Crispy Chinese Pakora Recipe at Home The words “chicken pakora” can make me salivate instantly. Crispy on the outside, juicy inside, subtle spices that hit the taste buds with the right intensity, and dipped in ketchup, mayonnaise or mint chutney – chicken pakoras are small pockets of joy that burst in your mouth like confetti!
Classic Chicken Pakora
- 500 gm boneless chicken cubes
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 3-4 tablespoons chickpea flour or besan
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chili
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Mix the onion, lemon juice, ginger paste, garlic paste, chili powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, green chili, and salt in a bowl.
- Drop the chicken cubes and mix well. Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now, add the besan and corn flour to the bowl containing the chicken cubes and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chicken cubes until they become golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney.
Often, when I have guests coming over or need something to eat with a hot cup of coffee or tea on a rainy day, I make chicken pakora. However, I get bored of making the same recipe again and again. So, I try different cooking methods and experiment with different ingredients, dips, and batter to create a different chicken pakora each time. Some recipes have failed, but a few turned out to be a winner (wink!). And nothing makes me happier than sharing these chicken pakora recipes with you. So, without any delay, let’s get cooking!