How to make Basic Soft Sponge Cake Without Oven at Home
How to make Basic Soft Sponge Cake Without Oven at Home Believe it or not, you don’t need an oven to bake a cake. You can actually make all sorts of delicious cakes in a pressure cooker. Cakes made in pressure cookers come out with a lighter and moister texture than cakes made in an oven. In this article, you’ll find 3 recipes listed in order of difficulty – the first one being the simplest. Keep in mind that you can use any regular cake batter recipe in a pressure cooker. Read on to discover how to make a cake without an oven.
- 1 cup (140 grams) of all-purpose flour/Maida
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) of oil
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Then, add the sugar and the vanilla essence
- Beat the mixture until completely smooth. With an electric, or hand beater, mix the ingredients well. The batter should be smooth and relatively thick
- Preheat the pressure cooker. Place the pressure cooker on medium heat, and heat it for about 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour. Place the flour into your sifter, then place the sifter over the bowl with the batter. Gently sift the flour into the batter.
- Fold the batter. Once you’ve poured the flour into the batter, gently fold the flour in.
- Fold the flour by sliding the spatula into the batter, then lifting it up (with the batter) and folding it over
- Place a piece of parchment paper inside of the pressure cooker. You’re going to pour the sponge cake batter directly into the pressure cooker, which is why you need to lay out a piece of parchment paper onto the bottom
- Pour the batter into the pressure cooker. Once you’ve laid out parchment paper onto the bottom of the cooker, slowly pour in the cake batter. Then, cover your pressure cooker and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Turn off the heat and uncover the cooker. Then, leave the cake in the pressure cooker for about 5 minutes. After five minutes, cover your cooker with a plate and flip the appliance