1) 2 tablespoons of olive oil
2) 1 clove of garlic, chopped
3) 6 anchovy fillets, chopped
4) 1 35 oz can imported italian plum tomatoes, crushed with their juices
5) 1 tablespoon capers
6) 12 gaetta olives, pitted
7) 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
8) freshly ground black pepper to taste
9) 1 pound Linguini pasta
1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. Add garlic and anchovy, cook until garlic is lightly browned.
3. Crush tomatoes and add with juices.
4. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then reduce to a simmer.
5. Add capers, olives, oregano, black pepper, and 1/2 cup of water.
6. Cook at a simmer for 20 minutes.
7. While the sauce is cooking bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil.
8. Add the Linguini and cook uncovered over high heat until al dente.
9. Drain pasta, toss with sauce and serve.