Lemon Tart is a complete blend of sour and sweet taste. Though it is a baking item yet is being eaten and loved in Pakistan.
- Candied Zest:
- 1 cup lemon zest, julienned
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Candied Citrus Zest
- Place lemon zest in a saucepan and cover with water by 1/2 inch.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, drain the water. Fill up with water again and repeat. Bring to boil, remove from heat, then drain. Add water again, this time adding the sugar as well. Simmer for 30 minutes, drain.
- Spread the zest out on a sheet of parchment paper. Let dry overnight at room temperature (do not put in the refrigerator). The next day toss the zest with a little more sugar.