As we always say to new insurance buyers, there are a lot of things to know before you can actually purchase the plan that would work for you. In this article, we’ll particularly discuss the different auto insurance policies you can choose from. Remember, every policy differs with every company; it considerably vary in coverage and rates. To know which one to buy, consider your needs and budget first. Below is a list of auto insurance policies available on the market:
* Physical Injury
* Physical Damage to Property
* Medical Provisions
* Collision Coverage
* Comprehensive Physical Damage
Other than learning about these policies, you must also be aware of the basic parts of an auto insurance policy:
* Declarations – The declarations part of the auto insurance policy documents all of your personal information, as well as other members of the family that may use the vehicle.
* Coverage Limits – This part of the policy focuses on what is covered by the auto insurance policy. If liability, medical provisions, collision and comprehensive damage are all covered, they are discussed in detail in this area of the policy.
* Exemptions – This area address what benefits or coverage is excluded from your policy.
* Legal Agreements – This is the terms and conditions portion of the policy, discussing what is legally bound between the insurance company and the policyholder.
* Legal Definitions – This is the portion where the rights of the insurance company are reaffirmed and confusing insurance company lingo is defined.
Always check with your company should any of these parts confuse you. Before settling on any policy, do your homework and diligent research by utilizing free online auto insurance websites.