A single batch of these mouthwatering cookies is never enough,” attests Doris Marshall of Strasburg, Pennsylvania. “I usually make one to give away and two more to keep at home. Adding ricotta cheese to the batter makes the morsels extra moist.”—Doris Marshall, Strasburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® pure vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Colored sprinkles
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in ricotta and vanilla. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8-1/2 dozen.