How To Make Restaurant Style Popcorn Chicken at Home
How To Make Restaurant Style Popcorn Chicken at Home, I think I’ve got you covered as far as irresistible fast food goes with this KFC Style Spicy Popcorn Chicken. So the thing is, I’m not a big KFC fan. Sorry KFC lovers. But their popcorn chicken I’m partial to. I know it’s not healthy. And all the calories. After all it’s just pieces of fried chicken. But there is something about them being bite sized and coated in a sweet spicy spice rub that I find so irresistible.This is one of those recipes that I get a little obsessive about. Because I need to get it just right before I share it here with all you discerning food lovers. So this KFC style popcorn chicken was made a total of 6 times before I decided it was good enough to be shared here.
- Chicken boneless ½ kg
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1 tsp
- Chaat Masala ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Egg, 1
- All-Purpose Flour 6 tbsp
- Corn flakes 2 cup
- Bread crumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add salt and pepper powder and beat. Mix cornflour, 2 tbsps refined flour, salt and ¼ tsp red chilli powder and spread on a plate.
- Place the chicken cubes in a bowl, add salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, lemon juice and mix and set aside to marinate for ½ hour. Heat sufficient oil in a kadai
- Add remaining refined flour to the chicken pieces and mix well. Dip each chicken piece separately in the egg mixture, roll in the spiced flour mixture and slide into the hot oil and deep fry till done. Do not brown them. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Mix chaat masala, remaining red chilli powder, dried mixed herbs, crushed black peppercorns and parmesan cheese powder well. Sprinkle most this spice mixture over the chicken cubes and mix well.
- Transfer into a serving bowl, sprinkle remaining spice mixture and serve hot.