Gulab Jamun quick, easy & authentic Recipe
Gulab Jamun quick, easy & authentic Recipe So, if you have milk powder at home, you can easily turn it into Mawa and make those delicious, soft and sweet Gulab Jamuns. Try a different version of one of India’s most loved sweet, Gulab Jamun. So, if you have milk powder at home, you can easily turn it into Mawa and make those delicious, soft and sweet Gulab Jamuns.
1 cup ilk Powder (135 grams)
1/2 cup Full cream milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter (55 grams)
10-12 pieces cashew nuts
Maida (refined flour)
4-5 tsp Ghee for frying gulab jamun
For Sugar Syrup
2 cups Sugar (400 grams)
- For preparing Mawa, take butter in pan and melt it; add milk and mix well. Cook it on low flame.
- Now add milk powder and stir constantly till the mixture attains the texture of Mawa.
- Once, Mawa is ready, turn off the flame and take it out in a bowl.
- Cut cashew nuts and pistachios in fine pieces.
- Peel the cardamom and make a coarse powder.
- Keep half the cardamom powder for adding in sugar syrup.
- Take rest of the cardamom powder, diced cashews and pistachios, 1 tbsp mawa, 1-2 tsp milk and mix all the ingredients to prepare the stuffing.
- Put sugar and 1 cup water in a bowl and cook until sugar dissolves completely. Now check the sugar syrup. For this drop 1-2 drops on a plate. With help of your thumb and finger check the syrup. It should be gooey in texture.
- Formation of one thread or two thread is not necessary. Sugar syrup is now ready, turn off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder in the syrup and mix well.
- Place 3-4 gulab jamuns in oil and fry.
- Keep in mind that while frying the gulab jamun doesn’t come in contact with the ladle.
- Take out the fried gulab jamun and place on plate with napkin paper.