Egg biryani recipe
Egg biryani recipe There is no bad time for biryani and if you are an eggetarian this one is a definite hit. In this egg biryani recipe you get a double dhamaka of eggs – boiled and in an omelette along with the delicious taste of long grain rice and a flavourful masala base. I think it is much simpler and quicker than preparing any meat or even a mixed vegetable biryani. Have it along with raita or a quick kachumber and let the party begin.
Ingredients for Egg Biryani Recipe Egg 5
- Basmati Rice parboiled 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Green cardamoms 5-6
- Cinnamon 1 inch sti
- Black peppercorns 15-20
- Cloves 4-5
- Bay leaves 2
- Fresh mint leaves chopped 50-60 + fo
- Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tablespoons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Green cardamom powder a pinch
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- For the omelette
- Eggs 2
- Red chilli powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
- Heat 2 tbsps ghee in a non stick handi. Add green cardamoms, cinnamon, black peppercorns, cloves and bay leaves and sauté till fragrant.
- Add onions and sauté till golden. Add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the tomatoes are pulpy.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger, green chillies and salt and sauté.
- Add yogurt, half the fried onion, 25-30 mint leaves, 1 tbsp coriander leaves, lemon juice and eggs. Add ½ cup water and mix well.
- For the omelette, heat oil in a non stick pan. Break eggs in a bowl, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and whisk well.
- Pour into the pan, rotate it to spread the mixture evenly and cook till done.
- Spread a layer of rice over the egg curry in the handi, place the omelette over it, sprinkle remaining coriander leaves and mint leaves over it. Spread the remaining deep fried onion and rice over it.
- Sprinkle green cardamom powder and garam masala powder and drizzle the remaining ghee all around.