Simple and Easy recipe to make Rasmalai with milk powder
Simple and Easy recipe to make Rasmalai with milk powder, Rasmalai is a popular Asian dessert rich in milk.The word rasmalai comes from two words ‘Ras’ which means juice in hindi and ‘malai’ which means cream. Rasmalai / rossomalai is described as ‘the rich cheesecake without crust. Now you can easily make this tempting sweet at your home. The spongy balls floating on the creamy milk looks really yummy and mouth watering. The milk dumplings are made by curdling process and take time to get ready. Here is a quick and instant version of rasmalai using milk powder. This spongy dessert recipe is served chill along with some nuts. This recipe yields super soft and spongy rasmalai equivalent to the regular version prepared at home and sold in stores.
So here is the recipe showing how to make rasmalai recipe with milk powder.
- Sugar ½ Cup
- Cardamom crushed 6-7
- Dry milk powder 1 Cup
- All-purpose flour 1 tbs
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Cardamom seeds ½ tsp
- Clarified butter, 1 tbs
- Egg beaten 3 tbs
- Almonds, to taste
- Pistachio, to taste
- First, in a pot,add milk,sugar and cardamom seeds,mix well and cook until sugar is dissolved and set aside.
- In bowl,add dry milk powder,all-purpose flour,baking powder,cardamom seeds and mix well.
- Then, add clarified butter and mix well.
- Now, gradually add egg and knead until dough is formed & refrigerate for 5-8 minutes.
- Then, take a mixture,make a small balls of equal sizes and press it (makes 7-8).
- After that, heat milk and add the balls one by one,cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.Do not stir or use any spoon.
- Finally, Garnish with almonds and pistachio & serve chilled.