How to make Crispy Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken at home
If you want to make some change in regular fried chicken, then this recipe is for you. Here, the simple procedure is given to make crispy honey-glazed fried chicken.
Procedure to make Delicious & Crispy Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken
For making Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken at home, you have to follow the given procedure which is given below.
- Salt, two tbsp
- Black pepper, three tbsp
- Onion powder, two tbsp
- Garlic powder, two tbsp
- Paprika, three tbsp
- Cumin, two tbsp
- Oregano, two tsp
- Cayenne pepper, two tsp
- All-purpose flour, three cups
- Skin-on chicken drumsticks and thighs, eight bone-in
- Buttermilk, three cups
- Oil, for frying
- Honey, for serving
- First of all, take a clean medium bowl, then add the spices one by one, that are salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, and cayenne and mix well to combine.
- After that, catch another bowl, add flour and pour half of the spices and mix into the flour, keep mixing until all the spices evenly mix throughout the flour.
- Later, add the chicken into the bowl, sprinkle the remaining half spices and blend over it. Mix until all the chicken pieces properly coat with the spices.
- Then, pour the buttermilk over the chicken, stir until the residual spices from the chicken mix with the buttermilk and create a light orange color.
- After marinating, place the chicken in the fridge for two to four hours or overnight.
- For frying, heat the oil about 325°F (170°C) in a large cast iron skillet.
- Now, add each piece of chicken into the flour and shaking off any excess. Dip the pieces back into the buttermilk mixture and then back into the flour.
- Make sure to shake it for removing excess flour otherwise it will burn in oil while frying.
- Try to fry three to four chicken pieces at one time, keep turning the pieces over for after few minutes. Cook it for about ten to twelve minutes, until it becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Then, rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack to let excess oil drain off.
- Finally, drizzle with honey by using any brush and serve!
You must have to try crispy honey-glazed fried chicken.