Quick recipe to make Delicious Chicken drumsticks at Home
How to make Delicious Chicken drumsticks at Home, Most of my life I’ve been a boneless, skinless white meat kind of girl. I think it’s because meat on the bone freaks me out. But in the past couple of years, I have learned to appreciate the flavor-packed bone-in dark meat of the thigh and drumstick. That’s probably because my son is pretty much obsessed with chicken on the bone.
- 10 Chicken Drumsticks, skin removed
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place into a 1-gallon Ziploc bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and seal the bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Massage marinade into the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight. (If all you have is 30 minutes, that’s fine – just remember the longer the marinade time, the more tender and juicy the chicken).
- When ready to cook, let the chicken come to room temperature (about 20 minutes). Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes. Flip chicken pieces and cook another 10 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temp of 165 F and is no longer pink.
- Serve immediately.