Amazing & Crispy Moong Daal & Chicken Pakora recipe
The words “chicken Pakora” can make me salivate instantly. Crispy on the outside, juicy inside, subtle spices that hit the taste buds with the right intensity, and dipped in ketchup, mayonnaise or mint chutney – chicken Pakora are small pockets of joy that burst in your mouth like confetti! Often, when me have guests coming over or need something to eat with a hot cup of coffee or tea on a rainy day, me make chicken Pakora. However, I get bored of making the same recipe again and again. So, me try different cooking methods and experiment with different ingredients, dips, and batter to create a different chicken Pakora each time. Some recipes have failed, but a few turned out to be a winner (wink!). And nothing makes me happier than sharing these chicken Pakora recipes with you. So, without any delay, let’s get cooking!
How to Make Crispy Moong Daal & Chicken Pakora
- 300 gm boneless chicken cubes
- 4-5 tablespoons soaked Moong daal
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 teaspoons ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons green chili paste
- 1 small bowl of tamarind extract
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon rice bran oil
- Oil for deep frying
How to Prepare
- Blend the soaked Moong daal. Add water if required to make it into a fine paste. Add a little salt to it and mix.
- Add all-purpose flour, gram flour, ginger and garlic paste, onions, coriander powder, chili flakes, turmeric powder, and salt to a bowl and mix well. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, prepare the dip by heating a pan and adding a teaspoon of rice bran oil to it. Add ginger and fry for 20 seconds. Add green chili paste, salt, and tamarind extract. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Take the chicken pieces one at a time, dip them into the Moong paste and drop them into the oil.
- Fry until they turn golden brown.
Serve Crispy Moong Daal & Chicken Pakora hot with tamarind chutney.