1.Channa daal/gram lentil 1 kg
2.Milk (or 1/2 kg powder milk) 6 kg
3.Sugar 1 1/4 kg
4.Ghee 1 1/4 kg
5.Desiccated coconut 250 g
6.Cardamoms, coarsely pounded 15-20
7.Pistachio and almond slivers 150 g
1. Soak the lentils overnight in plenty of water.
2. Then pick out the black lentil husks.
3. Boil lentils with milk on low heat till soft and the milk is absorbed.
4. In a separate pan heat the ghee, add the cardamom seeds and cooked lentils and fry.
5. Add sugar and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the ghee separates from the lentils.
6. This takes approximately 30 minutes.
7. Add the desiccated coconut a minute or two before the ghee separates.
8. Decorate with almonds and pistachios. Serve warm.