Balti Fish Curry
* 800 g white fish fillets
* 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
* 3 medium white onions, sliced thinly
* 3 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
* 1 red Thai chile, chopped finely (use more if you wish)
* 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
* 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 (400 g) cans whole tomatoes
* 1/2 cup coconut cream
* 1/4 cup fresh coriander, loosely packed and finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
1. Cut fish into 2cm pieces.
2. Heat oil in wok or pan, cook onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and spices until onion softens.
3. Add undrained crushed tomatoes to onion mixture, season to taste and bring to boil.
4. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
5. Add fish and coconut cream, bring to boil.
6. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered about 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
7. Just before serving, stir in coriander and mint.
8. Serve with rice.