Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Sauce Recipe
Baked Chicken and Potatoes with Sauce Recipe The combination of chicken, potatoes and béchamel sauce is just perfect cheesy, buttery, satisfying and just simply delicious. Plus, you can easily find the ingredients in the supermarket and it’s easy to make.For those chicken, potato and béchamel sauce loving, this recipe might look right up your alley! And if you give it a try, I wish you enjoy the way we enjoy it.
Ingredients for 6 persons:
- 500 grams of chicken breast, sliced
- 3 medium size potatoes, sliced
- 1 medium size onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 medium size red pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups Fresh milk
- 40 grams butter, melted
- 100 grams Emmental cheese, grated
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Prepare the potatoes.
- Put the potatoes in an oven dish. Add half teaspoon of salt, half teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Toss it properly. Sprinkle some water. Then put it in the preheated oven at 230⁰C for about 20 minutes.
- Prepare the chicken mixture.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive in a pan. Put onion and garlic and sautee for about 3 minutes. Add chicken breast. Stir and let it cook until the chicken turns white. Add salt, black pepper; and stir. Then put in the red pepper and tomato paste. Stir. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken mixture on top of the baked potatoes.
- Prepare the white béchamel sauce.
- In a cooking pot, put the butter and let it melt. Add the flour and keep stirring it. Then add the milk. Keep stirring the mixture until it thickens.
- Put the béchamel sauce on top of the chicken mixture.
- Put the cheese on top of the sauce.
- Put it in the oven at 230⁰C for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!