1) 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens
2) 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
3) 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated and peeled
4) 2 garlic cloves, minced
5) 14 ounces reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
6) 1/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil.
1. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken.
2. Rinse chicken with cold water pat dry.
3. Trim excess fat.
4. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
5. Combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic and broth in a large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag.
6. Reserve 1/2 cup marinade and place in a smaller zip-top plastic bag.
7. Place chicken in marinade and seal bag.
8. Place both bags into a larger bag and place in freezer.
9. To serve Thaw chicken.
10. Preheat oven to 375.
11. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan.
12. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until thermometer in meaty part of thigh registers 180.
13. Cover chicken loosely with foil and let stand for 10 minuts.
14. Add 1/2 cup reserved marinade to drippings in pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
15. Pour marinade mixture into a small saucepan bring to a boil.
16. Cook 5 minutes.
17. Stir in sesame oil.
18. Cut chicken into quarters and drizzle with sauce.