An amazing recipe to make pin wheel pizza rolls at home
Who doesn’t love pizza especially if made in bite size shapes. This is an amazing and simple recipe yo make pin wheel pizza rolls. Homemade buttery dough filled with pizza toppings, rolled into small treats and served hot is simply hard to resist.These pizza pinwheels make a great appetizer for any family gathering or party. Whenever I want to make pinwheels from scratch this is the dough recipe I like to work with. But if in a hurry you can use store-bought puff pastry, pizza or crescent roll dough.
Procedure to make simple recipe to make pin wheel pizza rolls
For making pin wheel pizza rolls at home, you have to follow the step by step procedure which is given below.
For making Dough
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 7 oz (200g) butter, chilled, cut in small cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (55 ml) milk
- 10g fresh yeast (1 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1/4 tsp (1g) salt
- Tomato Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup (100g) Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz (80g) Pepperoni slices
- For brushing
- 1 small egg, beaten
- fresh basil leaves
- Dissolve the fresh yeast in the milk. In a large bowl whisk flour and salt. Add butter and using a fork or a pastry cutter cut the butter until the pieces are no bigger than peas
- Add dissolved yeast and eggs over the flour mixture. Knead until all flour is incorporated.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1-2 hours to let the yeast develop. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- On a floured surface divide dough into two pieces. Roll each piece into a 15×10 inch rectangular.
- Spread tomato pizza sauce, half of Mozzarella Cheese, Parmesan cheese and pepperoni slices on each piece of dough.
- Roll the dough and cut 1 inch (2.5 cm) slices.
- Place the rolls on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with tomato pizza sauce and fresh basil leaves.