2 cup Walnuts/Akhrot Shelled halves (slightly toasted and grated)
1 cup Ghee
2 cup Sugar
2 cup khoya
1 litre Heavy cream/milk
1 cup Condensed milk
1 tsp Cardamon seeds (Powder)
Food color of your choice
Walnuts/Favorite nuts of your choice for decoration.
- Toast/ fry in ghee,all the decoration nuts first and set aside.
- Mix sugar and heavy cream/milk and boil them, reduce it into half(maybe add cardamon seeds powder too)
- In a separate pan, heat ghee and add khoya, fry it real good.
- Let it get loosened up first and slightly change color.That is golden brown. Do not fry beyond this point. It may become too brown.
- So now to this fried khoya add reduced milk. Further add condensed milk to.
- Toss your grated walnuts, color and cook them. When the halwa consistency is achieved, it leaves the pan. Maybe one can run few more spoons of ghee at this point.
- It turns up into dark velvety brown color, with distinct aroma. Now toss the walnuts/fried nuts from step 1 to it. Mix well!
- Serve this after heavy meals as dessert.